Welcome Aboard

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Many Thanks.....

Okay, I'm a little tardy posting something new, but I've been BUSY BUSY BUSY! Finalizing grades, preparing report cards, and preparing for conferences is just a tad time consuming.....and a little bit tiring! BUT, it's NEVER too late to say THANK YOU! And since Thanksgiving is knocking on the front door, I thought this was an appropriate time to give a little thanks......

First, back in the early fall, we went to Holden Arboretum. Mrs. Rekhson (Max's mom,) Mrs. McCully (Ethan's mom,) and Mrs. Garcia (Pablo's mom) were Chaperones! They were troopers, too! This was literally a FIELD trip, so three cheers, Ladies, for a job well done! Our next field trip, the Great Lakes Science Center, was really fun. I was very proud of how well you all knew your facts about ecosystems, food chains,energy, and all that jazz. Mrs. Worley (Madison's mom) joined us and was very helpful! Glad to have you along! : )
I also want to thank those parents that were alternates for the field trips. It's reassuring to know were covered!

Besides field trips, another FUN thing was the Halloween party. Mrs. Bilfield (Brandon's mom,) AND Brandon's grandma headed up the festivities. I think it's safe to say that we all now LOVE melted caramel! Oh, and sitting on balloons until they pop - we all love that, too! Three cheers also go out to Mrs. Russo (Lindsay's mom,) Mrs. Zimon (Matthew's mom,) and Mr. Dickinson (Megan's dad) for helping out with the party, the games, refreshments, and for supplying many tricks and treats for all of us to enjoy. Personally, I think our party ROCKED!
I will try to post some Halloween pictures, and other pictures over the weekend.

Field trips and parties would not be possible without our very supportive parents! Mrs. Bilfield and Mrs. Zimon are great room-moms; it takes a lot of time to coordinate all those extras we do....THANK YOU! Remember the day Mrs. Russo assembled all of my homeroom's writing folders? That saved me so much time! She coordinates all of the room parents for the fifth-grade hall. Now that's work!

I know there is something else I wanted to write, but you know me....can't recall it at the moment. I'm sure I'll wake up at some crazy hour and remember! Oh well....until next time!!!

Miss D'Amore : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi miss damore! its rachel from last year. I was looking at your comment and it mde me proud that you started this blog when we in your class.


Miss you!
Rachel Blum

Arianna said...

Hey miss D'Amore hows your new class I hope great.Brady is going great! Its just like last year because Claire is in all my classes. I've also been able to catch up with some of my old friends and make some new ones. I love all my teachers but no one tops you. :)

Miss D'Amore said...

Hi Arianna and Rachel!

Both your messages simply made my day! Your comments are truly touching and mean so much to me. I miss both of you, too! But we all have many wonderful memories to take with us wherever we go. Feranmi stopped in today to say hello ~ that was a nice surprise. I'm very lucky that my former students keep in touch with me and have great thoughts about their old stomping ground! That's wonderful to hear middle school fits you both like a glove....The blog has grown some since last year. But I did feel a little sad deleting the "comedy" section from last year....some of those things were hysterical! Please keep reading the blog let me know from time to time how things are. Hopefully you both can pop over during the holiday party - you know you're always welcome! Have great weekends!

Miss D'Amore : )