Welcome Aboard

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!

Friday, January 29, 2010

When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like a Big Pizza-Pie...

Click on the link to read about what is so special about tonight's moon! Should be awesome to see! If you can't click it, copy and paste it into your browser.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20100129/sc_space/biggestandbrightestfullmoonof2010tonight

Students have been busy this week getting to know the new Fifth-Grade Literacy Blog! Although you can't post anything at home, you can leave comments, much like you do here. Remember to use your "code name," and to be appropriate and professional.

And speaking of reading, how about Feranmi? Her goal is to read 100 books this year, and those in her reading class know she's well on her way!

Well, the stack of response journals is calling my name (hey - personification!) Have a great weekend ~ stay warm!!

Miss D'Amore

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss D'Amore I checked out the link it seems cool. I think it's cool that it will be the biggest and brightest full moon of the year. Can't wait to see the moon and Mars.



Arianna Koufman

Miss D'Amore said...

Actually Arianna, I thought about you when I posted this! And the moon DOES look amazing tonight. I nearly froze looking at it, but it was worth it! Check out the other website I have linked under science. It tells you what is in the night sky throughout the month!
Happy Stargazing!
KD

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me again I looked at the link. I didn't get much of a look but so far it looks cool.






Arianna

Anonymous said...

Well Miss D'Amore i think Fernmi has already read about 100 books this year! It's amazing!! How does she do it.

From,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

I don't know about anyone else, but personally, I am disappointed in Ms. D'Amore. It's been how long now since she posted last? To give an exact count, it has been 23 days, and 19.5 hours since she last posted something (and arguably even longer for something exciting). For those of you who want more on the blog, respond to this and voice your opinion too!


Mr. Ealy

Miss D'Amore said...

Speaking of exciting, poor Mr. Ealy can't add! I guess he missed the blog entry dated February 11, so the statistic of "23 days and 19.5 hours" is just a "tad" off, don't ya think? I will admit that I do need to update the blog more frequently than I do, but leaving here past 5:30 every night (we can't all skip out the door at 3:40) doesn't leave me much time in the evenings. But, I do admire Mr. Ealy's "stand-up attitude," no matter how inaccurate it/he might be. Any ideas for blog topics? I would be happy to listen to some serious suggestions!

Miss D.

Allie Weltman said...

Miss D'Amore should post more,I like to read new things...but mostly on the "comedy corner" :D that is a good one. Thats because if you are not there then you can still enjoy the "moment"!:D