Welcome Aboard

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Little Christmas Miracle!

Okay, time to brag for a minute! Three cheers for Ben! He wrote a business letter of request to JK Rowling. He requested that she sign a book for his mother as a special Christmas present. Ben wrote the letter himself, mailed Ms. Rowling a Harry Potter, and waited anxiously for days. He received the signed book from Ms. Rowling on Christmas Eve! Needless to say, his mother was thrilled! Way to go, Ben!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you seen the puppys of the week on Mr Kenney's blog page??? THEY are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From,
Marvin

Miss D'Amore said...

WOW Marvin - I had no idea you loved puppies so much! I'll check it out now! So what do you think of Ben getting a book signed by the famous author?

Anonymous said...

I think that it is so cool that ben got his book signed by J.K Rowing. love the harry potter books, but i've read them too many times so i don't read them anymore. Maybe i'll read one again this trimester


GRANT RICHMAN

Grant said...

I think that it is so cool that Ben got his book signed by such a great author J.K Rowling. I don't really like the Harry Potter books,but i like the movies.

Anonymous said...

I think it was pretty cool because J.K. Rowlinng is one of my favorite authors.I have read all the Harry Potters including the
7th one.I'm so hooked on the series.


Please don't give me a mark tomorrow,
Marvin Richards

Miss D'Amore said...

Okay, Marvin - I'll only give you TWO marks instead of one! : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for noticing me makes me feel great. I'm kinda bumbed i couldn't share it with the class but glad i didn't lose it



Yal friend
Benjamin

Miss D'Amore said...

You're very welcome, Ben! I'm so proud that you wrote to "JK." Thanks for bringing your leadership and personality to our class! Looks like many of peers think so, too! Have a great weekend ~ see ya Tuesday!
Miss D.

awsomej said...

that so cool go ben he should write a thank u letter to j.kroling javan saids

Miss D'Amore said...

That's a good idea, Java'n. Let's suggest that to Ben - or, maybe he'll read this and write her a letter.