August? Wait....What????? How is it possible that we have less than two weeks of summer left????? So who's ready to go back? Who's not? I would imagine you're all a little nervous as you get ready for Brady. But let me tell you, you ARE ready to be there! I know you will miss Moreland (and maybe even me a little,) but trust me when I tell you that those feelings will fade. You will always have a special place in your heart for Moreland, but as you grow up, you face new horizons....new adventures. It's part of growing up. And even though most of you will pop over occasionally to visit, I'm always amazed how my former students have grown during their sixth-grade year. You have a fabulous group of teachers that will be with you every step of the way. Just try not to forget your old teacher, okay???
I've been enjoying these Olympic games. Are you guys watching? If you ever need to be inspired, the Olympics are the way to go. It amazes me how strong ALL these athletes are. They have devoted their lives to their sports, and it shows. I had to laugh at myself a couple of days ago. I was swimming a few laps in the pool at my condo, (it was one of those rare moments that I had the whole pool to myself) but I wasn't going fast or anything. Yet after only a short while, I was exhausted. I'm no Michael Phelps, that for sure! HOW do they do it? Maybe Noah G. can give me some pointers??
Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Enjoy the last couple of weeks of your vacations. See you soon!
Miss D'Amore : )
Welcome Aboard
Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hi Miss D'Amore! I can't believe how quick summer has gone. But I love school and I only hear great things about Brady, so I'm ready. I of course will never ever forget you.
I've been watching a little of the Olympics. I found the guy Oscar P. who's disabled very interesting to watch. He made it to the semifinals of the Olympics! I think it's funny the "Bolt" is the last name of the fastest guy in the world! I really liked watching the womens gymnastics. They are extremely good!
Well, I'll see you in two weeks at the Ice Cream Social! I'll be there!
Your former student,
Alexa Paull
Hi Miss D'Amore!!!!!! Its Meghan from your 2010-2011 class! Im so exited to be going into 7th grade!!!!!!Its going to be sooooo much fun! I reallllllllllly miss 6th grade but I realllllllllllllllllly miss 5th grade! How has your summer been? Well, just thought I'd say HOLA! so i'll check in soon!
Sincerely,
Meghan S :)
Hi Meghan and Alexa!
How nice to hear from both of you! Meghan, I haven't seen you in so long now. Do you two know each other? If not, Meghan - show Alexa the ropes.
Alexa, you're so right. Oscar is completely inspirational. I've been almost glued to these Olympics and I'm going to miss watching them. Know what else I noticed Alexa? You've mentioned the Ice Cream Social a few times now....I think you REALLY like ice cream! Ha Ha! Just teasing you...I know it's because you'll get to visit.
You always make me smile...thank you!
See ya guys soon!
Miss D'Amore
Ps did you read in the paper that the USA women did better then the men in the olimpics )!! For example, the girls US soccer team won gold but the US men team didn't even make it out of the semi finals.. Or something along those line!!
Your very own sixth grade student,
Morgan
Geez I agree...it went by so fast! School started today! Its like time travel! To the future! P.S guess who this is based on this one word hint: hippo
Hi Miss D'Amore!
Its your former 5th grade student! Middle school is soooo much fun. I had an awesome summer! I cant wait till I can see your new class!
6th grader,
Billy Wolf
Hi Billy and Ethan!
How great to hear from both of you! I really miss you guys and the rest of the gang. My new class is fun...gotta break them in! Stop by anytime for a visit. Glad to hear Brady is treating you well...I had no doubt that it would! Talk soon!
Miss D'Amore : )
Rachel said,
hi miss d'amore you are soo much fun!!!!
from,
Rachel
Post a Comment