Welcome Aboard

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Fist Week Away......

So it's been a week since saying farewell.....What's everyone been up to these days?  I would imagine most of you are sleeping in late, hitting the pool, getting ready for camp, and of course, are missing school!  Let me know what you're really doing and I'll post it.  I haven't posted anything in SOOOO long now; I hope you're still out there and checking the blog!  I haven't had a chance to update the slideshow with the new slides, but I will.  Eventually I'll be "sharing" it with all of you, so keep checking your school email for the notification. 

I've been busy this past week - lot's of running around and getting caught up on errands and things I put off doing because of being busy with school.  This past Sunday my entire family (all the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc....) gathered to celebrate my grandparents 70th wedding anniversary!  Isn't that amazing?  Seventy years married?  That's unreal, and completely inspirational.  They're truly the backbone of our family and have set the bar high for all of us. I've also been getting to leave for North Carolina.  We're leaving at 3:00 AM Saturday morning - insane, huh?  That was NOT my idea!  I'm a little concerned about being in a car for 12 hours!  But, I'm sure the long ride will be worth the time at the beach and fun in the sun.  Anyone else have any trips planned?

Thank you all for making this past year one of the best I've had in my career.  Truly - you are an amazing bunch and it was my privelage being your teacher.  I think in all the years I've been teaching, this year had the least amount of "drama," which is good.  I was so happy to receive some emails from several of you last Friday when you were home and I was at school trying to get report cards done and the room packed up. (Did you receive report cards yet?) That was a nice surprise.  Please keep the surprises coming!  I also have several pictures that I had made to give you, but there just wasn't enough time to put them into the report card envelopes like I usually do; this means you'll have to come visit and take which pics you want.  Deal??

We'll chat soon.....HAPPY SUMMER!!

Miss D'Amore  :  ) 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are 100% right Miss. D'Amore !!! Getting ready for camp and sleeping late! It looks like you are excited for summer...... I know I am!!
Morgan

ASP said...

Hi Miss D'Amore! I miss you SO much! I go to Stagecrafters camp during the summer for 6 weeks and other than that, I'm just chilling at the house. This summer, all my cousins are coming to Cleveland because we are stuck here with the new puppy. He's learning very well though, and he already went a week without an accident in the house ... YAY! :-)

I'll definitely stop in to see the pictures you have and to see you! I'll even see you at the Ice Cream Social while my brother is visiting his fourth grade teacher!

Got to get ready to leave for camp in 15 minutes. I'll keep checking the blog and I'll be emailing you!

Your former student,
Alexa<3

Zoe Landskroner said...

Hay Mrs.D`Amore long time no see. School went by so fast! How did it go by for you guys? hope you had a great year

Miss D'Amore said...

How nice to hear from you girls! Tiona, I saw your comment, too, but when I posted it, it "disappeared." Not sure what happened to it either! Try commenting again and I'll post it....I promise. I got a kick out of it because you called me "mommy." : )

Zoe ~ How nice to hear from you....what a nice surprise! We truly had a great year that simple flew by. This was a great group of kids and I really miss them. If I could, I would "loop" with them and be one of their teachers next year. Your class was also one of my favorites! How was your first year at Brady?

Alexa and Morgan - Camp sounds fun and will keep you busy. I'll be anxious to hear all about it.

My trip to North Carolina was so nice, but I get very burned. I'm pealing so much now and it looks ridiculous. I even had on 50 SPF lotion, but a lot of good that did! Now comes laundry! I'm also staying at my sister's house a few days next week since they're going out of town. This means I get time with Frankie, the wonder dog! I love that little guy so much...but he can be a handful!

I'll post the slide show soon!


Talk soon!

Miss D'Amore : )

Anonymous said...

Hey miss damore! this summer i'm going to michigan for a week (soon) and I'm supposed to be getting a puppy at the end of the summer! i'm soooo exited! i'm also going to camp. i'll for sure stop in to see you at the ice cream social!

miss you,
megan

Anonymous said...

hi miss d'amore, i hope your trip to North Carolina was great!sail camp is almost over but im still wondering what brady looks like since i missed the tour.
from,
Moose

Miss D'Amore said...

Hi Megan and Moose! Glad to hear your summers are going well. It's going way TOO FAST though! Sorry I've been out of touch and didn't respond sooner.....I didn't have my computer for over a week! I miss you guys and really do think about all of you! See you soon!
Miss D. : )

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss.D'Amore we miss you alot! Sadly, Were going to Brady and Won't be able to say Hi to you in the halls :( but We will still come over to visit maybe even after the sixth grade only day! See you soon Mom!

From,
Tiona