Welcome Aboard

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!  We've only been back for a few short days......I don't know about you, but getting up for school is more difficult than ever!  I'm really tired when I get home from work, especially if I've gone to the gym.  Then, I seem to get a burst of energy late night, right around bedtime.  This of course makes it very challenging to fall asleep.  I leave my television in my room on, which is a pretty bad habit.....they say it is anyway.  By the time it's morning and the alarm goes off, I'm tired!  Funny how it was SO EASY to stay up late and sleep in, but going to bed earlier and getting up early always takes its toll! 

The weather is supposed to shift this week, too.  Hey, we can't really complain....it's been a super mild winter so far, but our luck will run soon!  Besides, we can't get any SNOW DAYS without the snow, right?

So what are your New Year's Resolutions?  Share them with me and I'll post them....remember to put your name on your message.  Someone left me a comment, but without a name, so I won't post it to the blog.  You don't need to tell me your resolution, but PLEASE comment once in awhile......is anybody out there????


Miss D.

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Year Resolutions:
Be a better soccer player
Keep my grades up
Make new fiends
Learn a lot from the best fifth grade teachers...... MISS.D'AMORE AND MRS. MAURER!!!!

What are your resolutions????

Morgan

Anonymous said...

I still don't want any snow. It gets cold and boring pretty quickly. I want no snow even if it means more school!
--Luke

Tiona Ryan said...

Happy NEW YEAR! Sorry im late but i thought i should say A happy 2012 to you as well Ms.D'Amore

ASP said...

Hi Miss D'Amore! I haven't thought of a New Year's resolution yet. Have you? I know that I'm very excited about this year, though! I've wanted a puppy my whole life and finally we're getting one ... a cavapoo in June! Are you excited about something special this year?

See you tomorrow!

Alexa P.

Nicolle Yankelevich said...

all right, all right stop begging! Hi Miss.D'Amore!!!;)By the way, WE NEED MORE BILL NYE(or your "hunny" if you wish :P)SCIENCE IS SO FUN THIS TRIMESTER!!!!! A little SOMEONE named Bi_l N_e may just make it a much, much more fun! Not that your not fun, he-he. Anyway see you in class, Miss.Universe!!!:):):):):):):):):)

your student,
Nicolle Yankelevich

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great winter break and New Year! I wonder why the word fictitious isn’t so funny anymore?
Mighty Moose

Miss D'Amore said...

YAY! Comments! Thanks you guys! There was one more comment, but it was without a name.....they asked me if I used the gift card they gave me.....so who are you? Which gift card? I still need to use the Dick's GC the class gave me!
Alexa, you will LOVE being a dog owner. We our had dog, Bubbles, for 19 years! Mighty Moose ~ I guess other things are actually more funny than one word. And now that I'm home, I can't remember what some of those made up words are! Nicolle - I'm so happy you like science this year. I really like teaching it - it IS fun. Ok....I'll work on including Bill a little more. Luke, I'm with ya on less snow, but I also would LOVE at least one snow day! As far as a resolution, I'm trying to watch what I'm eating better...I've gotten pretty bad about that. I'm also trying to manage my time more effectively. I guess "time will tell" if I'm successful. Hope you all have a great weekend! See ya Monday!
Miss D. : )

Anonymous said...

Yea Mighty Moose that word just grew old!! And David where did you get the name mighty moose!! Alexa- you will love a dog!! But taking care of them can be a lot. Nicolle Mrs.Maurer is the center of the unversive. Luke- I would like it if the snow disappered too!Miss D
'Amore- what are you waiting for to send the gift card???!!?!

Miss.Giraffe! Ps Morga PSS Morgan

ASP said...

FEEL BETTER MISS D'AMORE!!

From,
ASP

Anonymous said...

I found this really cool website to study science from! It has quizzes and vocab games! I hope you feel better soon "Mom!"
Your "daughter"
Morgan

Miss D'Amore said...

Thank you Miss Morgan and "ASP!" I feel better, aside from my constant coughing and stuffiness, I am actually better. Morgan, we missed you yesterday! Are you sick too? It's going around...we had a lot out this week; Me, Luke, Sophie, David, You, Anthony.....I'm probably leaving someone off of the list. Bottom line? We all need to take care of ourselves and take cautionary measures, like washing/sanitizing our hands more, cleaning the desktops, coughing/sneezing into our arms and not our hands, etc...
So what's the science website? I can check it out and add it to the blog under science links.
Have a good weekend!
Miss D.