I really mean that, too. We are truly well on our way and have laid the foundation for a fabulous year. The personalities are emerging, along with some silliness and giggles. Although I miss my "old kids" tremendously, we have a solid team again this year. Megan, I'm training a couple of kids to change the schedule everyday. My new class LOVES to volunteer to help out whenever and where ever needed, too. NOAH GOLOVAN has been a great peer pal to our newest team member, LUKE VAN DE WALLE. LUKE used to live on Mr. Haag's street, which is also my cousin's street, and they all knew each other before Moreland...small world! At open house I found out that SOPHIE NEWMAN is the daughter of a high school friend; this friend and I were also majorettes together. Again, small world! Maybe we can twirl our batons for everyone someday! Wouldn't that be funny? All in all, it's been a good ride so far.
I have to say how happy it makes me to hear from former students. Last week alone I received emails from Lexy, Madison, Audrey, and LUKE! It makes me feel so good to be missed. Please know that I really miss all of you, too! Luke moved to Colorado and misses Orange. But he says it's so beautiful there....maybe we should all go and visit him?! Meghan S. and Megan D. are regular blog followers. I also get comments from Jocelyn, Katie, Izzy, Jackie, and Matthew. THANK YOU for keeping in touch with me! Oh, someone tell Joan that no one tells me that they like my shirts anymore! : (
So the 5K is tomorrow and I am going to run it. I'm nervous for this one for two reasons: First, I haven't run a race since June, so I'm out of practice. And second, it's a difficult course! There are lots of hills, twists, turns, grass running, and more hills. I was SO exhausted last year as so many students blew right past me! I've decided that I'm following the moral of a fable that we all know: "Slow and steady wins the race." It's not about speed, but participation. And with that said, I hope to see many of you there. The race starts at 9:00.
My class has been begging me to update the Comedy Corner. My goal is to be more attentive to that part of the blog this year. So since I'm going to do that, my NEW students need to follow the lead of my former students and leave me comments. Remember, it's a school blog, so check your spelling and grammar! That's about it for now......have a great weekend everyone!
Miss D.
Welcome Aboard
Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hi !
I am so happy that I got to see you when I was going to the bus yesterday!
I am so happy you are updating your blog!
I miss you and Mr.K SSSSSSSOOOOOOO much!
From...... Your former student,
Meghan Simon
I timed that perfectly, didn't I? I miss you too Meghan! It was nice to see you and the others that came running over.....made my day!
Hi Miss D'Amore! Good luck in the race tomorrow. My mom and dad are running it, too!
See you Monday!
Alexa
Thanks Alexa!
I saw your parents this morning and they did great! Hey, you're the first student this year to leave me a comment. THANK YOU! Remind me to give you an Orange Marmalade tomorrow, okay! Have a nice Sunday!
Miss D'Amore : )
Mrs.D`Amore guess what... the day after we wrote those famouse letters to famouse people i wrote one to bobby flay and a couple days ago i got a signed paper back!!!
WOW Zoe! That's fabulous! Sadly, I haven't gotten any reply mail here for anyone. I was really hoping Michael Simon would have written to you! Good for you for taking it upon yourself to write to another famous person....I'm proud of you! Thanks for letting me know!
Miss D.
Hi Miss D'amore! I hope I get in the comedy corner someday....
From,
Sophie
Hi Sophie!
I guess the best way to get into the Comedy Corner is to do or say something silly and/or ridiculous in class....so get started on that, okay? Hope you are having a nice LONG weekend! See ya Monday!
Miss D'Amore : )
Post a Comment