Welcome Aboard

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Farewell 2011 OAA!

You made it! You all made it through TEST WEEK! I know what a nerve-racking experience taking all these tests can be. It's nerve-racking for us, too. But, in the long run, you will be so proud of the growth you have all made this year. When I met you, you were basically "fourth graders." Now I see young ladies and gentlemen, eagerly awaiting the next chapter in your lives. I want you all to know how proud I am of your efforts this past week.

But, we still have a month of school ahead of us, so don't start to get into summer mode quite yet. There is still a lot of work to do. We are gearing up for the "Reading Around the World" project. I know you will all produce quality products and will learn even more than you already have. We will continue our journey through our solar system and the universe as we explore the planets, the sun, and the stars. Another Holden field trip is quickly approaching, as is the much anticipated Michigan trip. PLEASE keep in mind the things that were said at our team meeting today. Make good decisions, follow the rules, continue to do your best work, and watch the rewards pile up.

Did anyone watch the Royal Wedding? Some of my friends came over tonight and we had a "reception." Now I really doubt the future King and Queen of England ate pizza and salad tonight, but we did, along with some naughty desserts and filling appetizers while wearing glamorous tiaras! Then I wonder why the scale is going in the wrong direction! But, this wedding is history in the making, so indulging once in awhile is okay. I'll just have to run really hard over the weekend!

Have a marvelous weekend ~ see you Monday!

Miss D'Amore : )

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hay, I'm so glad testing is over!!!!!
;). YES i did watch the royal wedding. Katie's dress was SO PRETTY!!! and i know meghan simon got up @ 5:30 to watch it.



LOVE,
~*J*A*R*~ :):):):):):):)

blh726 said...

I just figured out that you can go on the blog from your phone or PSP or something anyway IM SO GLAD THE OAAS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss D'Amore said...

Hi Jackie and JR.....Believe me when I tell you both that I'm also glad the OAAs are over! Thanks for being supportive blog followers! ; )

blh726 said...

I think tonight is a New Moon

Miss D'Amore said...

I think you're right JR because tonight is a waxing crescent - only 2-3% showing tonight. Check out this link:

http://www.moonphaseinfo.com/

Let me know in class tomorrow if you were able to check out the site.

Miss D.

Joylyn Scott said...

yay!! :) I got back from my little brothers concert and i saw a waxing crescent! its a sliver. reaaaly small.

Matthew Zimon said...

Hi its Matthew.
I am going to try my best tonight to see the moon phase.I might even make a chart! And I have been wondering what the next nit in science will be? I have been hearing you say something about an informational thing. I would like to know more before next week.(which is probably when it is assigned I'm guessing)

Goodbye!
PS. Remember to always never use no double negatives!

Miss D'Amore said...

You guys crack me up with the comments you leave! I am REALLY going to miss you all!

Matthew Zimon said...

The sky is yellow tonight!!! My mom says its because of the sun the rain and lightning. Can you explain this!!

From, Matthew ZImon
PS ?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

polomz said...

I forgot to add something to my last comment about the sky. It may seem like I am describing a sunset, but right before this happened, it was dark and stormy. Then it lighted up and the air looked yellowish. Sorry for any complications of thinking I didn't know what a sunset was.(because I do know what a sunset is)

From,
Matthew Zimon

Miss D'Amore said...

You're mother is right, Matthew. I believe it has to do with light reflecting against the water and gases that are in the air.

Anonymous said...

hay miss.d, its jackie
i am trying to post a comment for the Okay Megan.... Here Ya Go!, but it wont let me, but i just want to tell you that i am checking the blog, unlike some people. so i just want to tell that i don't think that anyone can post a comment.

thanks, u rock
JAR
:)> :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)>:) :)