Welcome Aboard

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I hope everyone enjoyed the day off. Happy Rosh Hashanah to the Jewish members of our family! And Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother!

UPDATE: Open House will now start in homeroom classrooms. Originally we planned on having the entire fifth-grade team meet parents as a group in the gym, then proceed to the classrooms. And since we LOVE to change our minds frequently, we are no longer meeting in the gym. Parents should go directly to their child's homeroom for an informal get together. You will get to meet with Mr. Kenney, too. I'm excited for our parents to see some of the work students have been busy with the past two weeks. It's been great getting to know the kids, too. We have a great team and I know it's going to be a successful year!

Who's going to run in the upcoming Orange Lions 5K with me? I've already signed up and would truly love some company! I don't run fast, but I give it all I have. So come on parents, students, fellow teachers, administrators, and friends, let's show our support and RUN TOGETHER! If running is not your thing, walk.....just be there!

That's about it for now. Until next time.........Have a great weekend!

Miss D'Amore : )

3 comments:

Feranmi Motoni said...

hey miss D'Amore!I missed you over the summer.I couldn't get on to the website,but I have now!Middle school is amazing,but I miss my old
class and you.The teachers are great and so is the food.I've met new people,that you'd like to meet.
I wish everyone from last year could meet up at your place and have pizza,or another all around the world.I'm still reading books,and studying hard.As I said before I miss you and my old class.
Well,Bye!

Miss D'Amore said...

Hi Feranmi!
How nice to hear from you! I'm happy middle school is treating you well. There was not a doubt in my mind that you would love it and would do well. I miss you, too, and think about our class often. Pizza at my place, huh? Interesting idea! Our Around the World feast WAS fun, wasn't it? Your mom's rice was SOOOO yummy! I mentioned you to my new classes; I told them how one of my former students set a challenging reading goal for herself AND achieved that goal! Reading 100 books in one school year is AWESOME! That's going to be tough to beat!
Thank you keeping up on the blog ~ that means a lot to me. Try and remind everyone to check it and leave me a message every so often, okay?
Well kiddo, it's late and time for me to hit it. Biggest Loser starts next week - I'm ready for another great season! Have a wonderful weekend!

Miss D'Amore

Feranmi Motoni said...

Hey Miss D'Amore!I'm glad I've been mentioned to your new class!Thank you for the complement about my mom's rice.Yesterday I went to a multi-cultural fair.It was fun.I found my self frequently going to the Italian table and eating the pasta,it was yummy.I got face paints,slid down a giant inflatable slide,and even road a horse!It reminded me of all around the world because of the different cultures and there foods.I hope your class enjoy's you as much as I did!Oh,and I've told people to go on the blog.Well tootles!

P.S I've planned a goal for 200 books!