Good Morning, Everyone!
Today is Sunday and I'm playing around on my computer, about to read the morning paper. Since Thursday, I've been SO busy! After saying goodbye to all of you and waving to you as the buses drove away after the emotional clap-out, there was much work to be done. Report cards, stuffing envelopes, packing things up, and so on, kept me busy until about 4:00. Then it was off to a beautiful farm for the faculty and staff end-of-the-year celebration. It was a well-earned break to have fun with a great dinner, good conversation, and relaxing with friends. You should have seen Mr. Kenney and Mr. Hastings play Cornhole! I don't think they should quit their day jobs!
Friday morning while you slept in, I was at the District's Retirement Breakfast. Can you tell we like to eat??? It was an emotional morning as we listened to fellow staff members highlight the impressive careers of those that are retiring. It's amazing how strong words can be. I hope at the end of my career, I have as many significant and valuable accomplishments as our retirees. What great roll models they are!
I spent the remainder of Friday in our classroom. You should see it now and how different it looks! It's so empty! It took me a long time to put things away, finish report cards, write thank you notes, leave a little surprise in your report cards, and so much more. I couldn't help but think of all of you and the wonderful year we had together. I truly enjoyed being your teacher and having you in my class. Yea, I'm a tough one, but that's because I care about each of you. It would be easy to look the other way, but that's not me. I want the best for my students - nothing else is acceptable. I want to thank each of you for bringing something unique to our extended school family. We were a great team - truly the best! I would like to acknowledge and express my gratitude to your parents for their support throughout the year. I also want to thank everyone for the thoughtful end of year gifts. I was truly touched by your thoughtfulness. Additionally, a big thank you to the families that contributed to the generous gift card to Nordstroms. Trust me when I say, I will put it to good use!
Guess what I did yesterday? I finally ran my first 5K! (That's 3.1 miles.) As you know, this has been a goal of mine for quite some time. So, I figured yesterday was as good a day as any. I ran the Nick Rauser Memorial Scholarship Race in North Olmsted. Nick, a talented athlete and resident of North Olmsted, was only 15 years old when a terrible car accident took his young life on December 21, 2008. Since then, the Leader Light Foundation was created in his memory. The organization raises money to award scholarships to students involved in athletics on the west side. The race began at 9:30 ~ I was pretty nervous and hoped I would be able to finish! So I put on my IPod, remembered to concentrate on my breathing, thought about my past year "in training," and started to run at the sound of the gun! Even though it was early in the morning, it was really hot out, but I just kept going.....and going....and going. At long last, I crossed the finish line! I don't know my official time, but I think I finished in about 36 minutes. Not half bad for an "older, " I mean "mature" gal like me in her first 5K! Then, you guessed it, MORE FOOD! Ha! There was a cookout after the awards ceremony which was also really fun. Finally, I came home and napped for a good three hours! I topped off the day by going to Hilarities Comedy Club in the evening. Now THAT was fun! And now as I type this, I keep thinking I need to start getting ready for school tomorrow........The idea of summer break hasn't hit me yet, but I'm sure it will when I'm lying out by the pool next week! (Oh, we forgot all about your recorders, which were hiding under the computer tables! I put them in the office, along with some star stories, response journals, and other items left behind. The building will be open for you to pick up these things!)
With that said, I hope you all have a wonderful, fun summer! I'll post to the blog from time to time, so please keep checking it. Feel free to comment and share what you're doing and the fun adventures you're experiencing. Check your spelling before you hit "submit!" Be safe, keep reading, and have a great summer!!!
Miss D'Amore : )
Welcome Aboard
Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
dear miss damore,
how is your summer going?My summer is going awesome and im working on my reading books and staying organized!i miss u and every else a lot but i hope to see u soon!
-Sarah V.
Post a Comment