Welcome Aboard

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG! My goal of blogging is to share classroom and team information, student success stories, comical moments, important school news, classroom and team announcements, helpful hints, useful links, and so much more. Join me as we continue our ongoing journey into the world of 21st Century Technology while we enhance communication between students, parents, and myself. Please check the blog regularly and leave me a comment or two. (Remember, this is a school blog, so please use correct grammar and mechanics.) It should be a fun, valuable, and rewarding experience. So, without further hesitation.....let the journey continue!!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Hello Everyone ~ HAPPY SPRING!

Okay...I've been a bit sluggish updating the blog - my apologies for that! Guess what? I heard from Terell! He's on his spring break this upcoming week ~ he said he likes his new school. I wonder if he's done any push-ups over there? He left me a comment on the blog (the one below this post,) so check it out. Ben left me a comment, too, about looking through a telescope at Chagrin Falls, but I don't know where the comment disappeared to - I published it, but I can't find it. Anyway, I've been to Chagrin Falls many times (not recently though.) Think I need to take a little trip over there and visit that ice cream shop! Ben, remind me in class about what you saw so you can share it with your classmates. And yes, it's sounds like something I would certainly like to see! Maybe we should have Night School? That way we could check out the night skies together and look for those constellations! What do you guys think? Instead of 8:30 - 3:30, your days could be 3:30 - 10:30! Can you even imagine??? No, I can't either!

Remind your parents about the parent informational meeting for the Michigan trip. The meeting is this Tuesday at school. We will begin the meeting at 7:00 PM. In order to begin on time, they should arrive just prior to this. Students do not need to attend as we are limited on space. Your parents will fill you in when they get home!

Ohio Achievement Assessment week is quickly approaching. You should start to look over those old packets, class notes, journals, and anything else we used in all classes to help you prepare. The READING test is Monday, April 19. MATH is next on Tuesday, April 20. Finally, get ready for SCIENCE on Wednesday, April 21. Make sure you get lots of rest that week. Get to bed a little earlier and eat a good breakfast each morning. PLEASE BE ON TIME THAT WEEK! In order to give you the full amount of time permitted, we need to begin our tests on time each day. Also, we ask that there are no early dismissals during the test. The room cannot have unnecessary interruptions, so plan accordingly. Finally, don't be nervous! We've been working hard all year ~ I'm confident you will all do well!

Well, that's about it for now. Have a great weekend! Happy Easter! Happy Passover! Happy Days!!!!!

Miss D'Amore : )

6 comments:

Arianna said...

I was wondering how Terell was in his new school so it was great to know that he liked his knew school.

Ben Frazier said...

GREAT I FOUND THE NEWER POSTS!!! Well i saw Jupiter and Mercury or mars i think mars and serious and I'll tell u about this thing that happened to serious in school so now i will be posting on newer posts .


HI
Ben Frazier

P.S> i like the night school idea and thanks for including me in your posts i fell more "into the class" now




ooo and I have to be honest if you look at this remember to mark me :(

Miss D'Amore said...

Interesting post, Ben. Not quite sure what some of it means, but that's okay! Glad you discovered how to comment on newer posts!

Arianna said...

Hey miss D'Amore I was just looking around on the web and saw that NASA was making a mission to go on an astroid.the mission could save the Earth some how is what I read.




Bye!got to go eat breakfast.

Miss D'Amore said...

Hhhmmm....where did you see this info? This sounds like the movie that they made a few years ago. There is SO much to find on the web!

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss D'Amore!!!
Love the night school idea, that would be so cool! You know, as long as we didn't have school also in the morning... But GREAT IDEA! We would actually get the big picture. Maybe we should ask principal Haag and of course, our new student, drum roll please, da da da da da DA... Steeeeeeve!!! (Joking)

Kristen Mehalko